Wednesday, February 6, 2008

En Pointe


Play the "post parade" my friends because the election writ has been dropped and we are off to the races! I have been overwhelmed by the amount of support and encouragement from folks all over the city, the province, the country and heck..even a few Democrats from south of the border.



We open our campaign office on Saturday, February 9 and if you are in Calgary, please drop in and help out. The address is 3411 17th Ave SW.



My best friend in the whole universe, Cynthia, recently gave me a coffee mug with the following:



risk more than others think is safe

care more than others think is wise

dream more than others think is practical

expect more than others think is possible



Right on! We are social innovators. Hear your own calling. Be still and watch the patterns emerging all around you. Then, find your way into the pattern to make a change. Or, as my friend Frost would say, "Reach - you feel me?".



Frost gave me a hiphop name a few years ago. It's Trax. In my journey, I manifest my name. It's like that great poem by TS Eliot, "The Naming of Cats".....the ineffable sound of your very own name.



Be well, my friends.

No comments: